Anyone can build a website, but it takes experience and training to build a website that works as a profit center and a lead generator for your business. My job as your website developer is to help you present your business with clarity and focus.
How to Work with Nancy
- Start with a phone call to discuss your website goals and purpose.
- Sign a contract that includes website goals and specific details, cost and payment plan.
- Fill out an on-boarding form to give Nancy access to your website accounts, etc.
- Meet with Nancy weekly in a video conference to discuss website specifics as the website is developed.
Timeline is usually 6-8 weeks for a business website. Ecommerce websites take longer.
Your Website Message
To get the attention of prospective customers make sure your website can answer these questions quickly and clearly:
• What do we offer? (1 sentence)
• How can it make our customer’s lives better? (1 sentence)
• What do they need to do to buy it? (3-5 steps)
• Why does this matter? (What happens if they don’t work with you?)
Storybrand Videos by Donald Miller
Please watch these 2 videos by Donald Miller so that we can apply the StoryBrand principles to your business website.
1. Presentation at a conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultJVxII12g
2. Website reviews by Donald Miller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5X7elqHUY
Our Website Design Work Flow
- Set up a standing weekly appointment (1 hr)
- Use Trello to plan & communicate.
- Determine your message (Donald Miller’s videos)
- Plan the menu navigation
- Plan the home page topics and layout
- Refresh or write new content to fit your website message
- Create a staging site for us to build the new website design without interrupting the current site.
- Work on Home Page only until satisfied
- Work on individual pages
- Work on sidebar & footer
- Remove unnecessary pages and redirect the url’s to prevent 404 errors
- Media library –
- delete unused images
- correct sizing on large images
- add SEO alt tags where missing
- Set up https if needed
- Run speed testing to find problems; fix problems
- If possible (depending on your hosting company) clean hosting files and database.
- Get approval from website owner to migrate the site to the “real” domain.
- Run final tests to find any migration issues.
New Client On-boarding Form
Contact Me Today!